Meet Our Team
David Lee Windecher,
David lee Windecher
David is a trailblazing criminal defense attorney, author, and activist in the movement to end mass incarceration and recidivism. David and the Arora Law Firm have worked closely for many years and David is asked for expert advice during gang-related cases.
David was admitted to the Georgia Bar in 2012 and the Florida Bar in 2014. David is a member of the Georgia and Florida Court of Appeals, the Georgia and Florida Supreme Court, the Northern District of Georgia United States District Court, and the American Bar Association. David graduated Summa Cum Laude from American Intercontinental University in 2005 and received his Juris Doctorate degree from John Marshall Law School in 2012.
David started his legal career as an intern with the Dekalb County District Attorney’s Office, where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony cases under the Third-Year Practice Act from May 2011 thru May 2012. While at the DeKalb County District Attorney’s Office, David invested the majority of his time into prosecuting cases under Georgia’s Criminal Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act. Prior to establishing the Windecher Firm, David was an Associate Attorney at the esteemed criminal defense firm of Arora & LaScala from November 2012 thru June 2015.
David specializes in record restriction (formerly termed expungement in Georgia) procedures, criminal defense (misdemeanors and felonies), DUI defense and juvenile law. In addition to his legal specialties, David is a continuing legal education (CLE) instructor on record restriction and criminal street gang expert testimony.
- State of Georgia, 2012
- State of Florida, 2014
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, American International University, Fort Lauderdale Florida, 2005
- Juris Doctorate Degree, John Marshall Law School, Atlanta Georgia, 2012
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration DUI Detection & Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- General Mediator State of Georgia
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction
- 40 Under 40 Atlanta Business Chronicle
- 40 Under 40 Georgia Trend Magazine
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution Personal Journeys
- New Leaders Council Atlanta Changemaker
- Georgia Game Changers WSB-TV 2
- AIB Community Spirit